Kindle thoughts

During a meeting I attended last week, the lunchtime speaker held up a Kindle and asserted that "this will kill that" (in so many words - this phrase was actually Voltaire's, as quoted in a book review by Kenneth Frampton). A few weeks ago, when I mentioned the Kindle to a colleague, she replied that because she doesn't take the train, she has no reason to buy one. Today, another colleague made this comment. I realize this is a seriously limited sample, but it made me wonder if the early adapters of this device are business people who fly and workers who commute. E-books are in my sights as a potential outlet for design publications, but they'll have to evolve to the point where the graphics are photogenic. Perhaps this will be Apple's contribution.

Comments

Popular Posts