Reviewing Arcade

Tim Culvahouse, the editor of arcCA, asked me yesterday to review four issues of Arcade, the Seattle design quarterly, on "waste." I'd seen one of the issues, which a colleague from LINE kindly sent me. Part of the slant I may take is to discuss what a journal can do vs. what a magazine can do (there's a difference, I think) vs. what can be done online. (I'm thinking here of Planetizen, which often covers topics like this in brief, but I'm sure that there are numerous sustainability sites and blogs that do the same.) I should really compare Arcade's thematic treatment with the "line 'em up" nature of selected blog entries, to see what I get and what kind of sense it makes. I think editing a blog is more curatorial than the traditional editor's role in a journal. This might be a question to explore, although not necessarily in the arcCA review.

Comments

Popular Posts