Praise for Kenneth Caldwell

One of the pleasures of life is to read new work by my writer friend Kenneth Caldwell, including his wonderful blog, Design Faith; articles for Architect's Newspaper and arcCA, like his recent review of Design on the Edge, the anniversary publication of U.C. Berkeley's College of Environmental Design; and other pieces like the Barry Elbasani interview he posted on ArchNewsNow, originally written for a monograph on Elbasani's firm, ELS. It was at Kenny's urging that I wrote a polemic on the 555 Washington Tower for A/N, picked up by ANN. His input, along with that of another attentive reader, helped me shift its focus to the larger issues that the tower proposal raised. Kenny also got me started reading the Paris Review, which I recommend especially for its interviews with writers. Like me, Kenny worked as an architecture firm marketer. We both continue to write "for hire," so what we write on our own account is from the heart, I think, reflecting our lives and interests. Kenny is more often on the road than I am, camera in hand. Now we get to tag along.

Comments

Popular Posts