555 Washington

I went to my first SF Planning Commission hearing today, spending three hours listening to the commissioners debate the 555 Washington EIR. In the end, they certified the EIR, with only three votes against. It was my sense early on that the vote was in even before the meeting started. There are several shills among the commissioners, along with others who are clearly principled, intelligent, and hardworking. Those others must be intensely frustrated. Consideration of the project proper was continued to 15 April, owing to a glitch in the public noticing. My sense is that the deal's been done, unless one more vote can be found. SPUR was MIA and John King, who weighed in months ago, was silent. I hope he finds his voice before the next hearing, or this thing will be entitled.

Comments

Popular Posts