Exposing process

In parallel with Writing & Design, I started Notes: Projects, which reflects my interest in making my writing process more accessible or transparent. Of course, it's also the equivalent of index cards (the "hypertext" of my youth), although - thanks to tags - considerably easier to access and sort. I'm now putting the latter use to test in annotating the books and articles I'm reading for a paper on urban agriculture that I'm writing for a conference in France in the fall of 2009. While Writing & Design shows up in Google searches, Notes: Projects does not. I'm not sure why. My "writing process" varies - a lot of my writing is polemical, in which case I just plunge in. This paper's topic is new to me, however, so reading and probably some conversations with local experts are required. (If the topic interests you, my annotations on what I'm reading will unfold on this parallel blog.)

Comments

Popular Posts